Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Video — The Doors: "Hello, I Love You"



Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
H_______________________, I love you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you tell me your n____________________?
Hello, I love you
Let me jump in your g_____________________

She's walking down the s___________________
Blind to every eye she meets
Do you think you'll be the guy
To make the queen of the a_____________________ sigh?

H____________________, I love you
Won't you tell me your name?
Hello, I l___________________ you
Let me jump in your game
Hello, I love you
Won't you t___________________  me your name?
Hello, I love you
Let me j____________________ in your game

She holds her head so high
Like a statue in the s______________________
Her arms are wicked, and her l________________ are long
When she moves my brain screams out this song

Sidewalk crouches at her feet
Like a dog that begs for something s____________________
Do you hope to make her see, you fool?
Do you h____________________  to pluck this dusky jewel?

Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello
I want you
Hello
I need my baby
Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello


Vocabulary
Angels – ángeles
Arms – brazos
Blind - ciego/a
Brain - cerebro
Crouches - se agazapa
Eye - ojo
Feet - pies
Fool - tonto
Game - juego
Guy - tipo
Head - cabeza
High - alto
Hope - esperar
I love you – te amo
Jewel – joya
Jump - saltar
Legs - piernas
Let - dejar
Long - largo/a
Meets – se encuentra
Name - nombre
Queen - reina
Sidewalk - acera
Sigh – suspirar
Sky - cielo
Song - canción
Street - calle
Sweet – dulce
Tell me - dime
Think - pensar
Walking - caminando

### 

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! So, you teach English with The Doors? Great.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you liked it! My students really enjoy learning with songs, and I have to say it's fun for me, too. I try to pick songs I like and that will work well for the class - which can be a challenge! Thanks again and stay warm there in London.

      Best,
      Sarah

      Delete