Sunday, July 15, 2012

Video - Elton John: "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

Watch the video, listen  to the lyrics, and fill in the blanks.

Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

When are you gonna come d_____________
When are you g_____________ to land
I should have stayed on the f_____________
I sh_____________ have listened to my old man

You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up for you
I'm not a present for your friends to o_____________
This boy's too young to be s_____________ the blues

So goodbye yellow brick r_____________
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm g_____________ back to my plough

Back to the howling old owl in the w_____________
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick r_____________

What do you think you'll do then
I bet that'll shoot down your p_____________
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your f_____________ again

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be f_____________
Mongrels who ain't got a p_____________
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the g_____________

So goodbye y_____________ brick road
Where the dogs of society h_____________
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm g_____________ back to my plough

Back to the h_____________ old owl in the woods
H_____________ the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my f_____________ lies
Beyond the yellow brick r_____________


###

No comments:

Post a Comment